The average cost of college* in the United States is $36,436 per student per year, including books, supplies, and daily living expenses.
- The average cost of college has more than doubled in the 21st century, with an annual growth rate of 2% over the past 10 years.
- The average in-state student attending a public 4-year institution spends$26,027 for one academic year.
- The average cost of in-state tuition alone is $9,678; out-of-state tuition averages $27,091
- The average private, nonprofit university student spends a total of $55,840 per academic year living on campus, $38,768 of it on tuition and fees.
- Considering student loan interest and loss of income, the ultimate cost of a bachelor’s degree can exceed $500,000.
*In this context, college refers to any 4-year postsecondary institution that offers an undergraduate degree program; this is the average cost to first-time, full-time undergraduates.
Feel free to get in touch with us by dialing 901-435-4250. We're here to assist you in devising a comprehensive plan for your children's education.
Source: Education Data Initiative